Ego State Therapy
What is the Ego State Therapy?
Ego State Therapy works on the psychological components of the mind and includes dynamic components. It works with a wide range of behavioural, cognitive, emotional and trauma-based conditions and it is often employed as a psychotherapeutic approach. It provides a powerful hypnotherapeutic approach to working with the individual components of a client’s mind.
It was originally developed by John and Helen Watkins (1997) during the 1970s. Its concept is based on ‘we are the sum of all our parts’ (Emmerson 2007), Ego State Therapy treats those dysfunctional and weak parts of our own psyche/psychology/state of mind/emotions (many mini-compartmentalised personalities within you), which are driving both psychological and somatic symptoms.
During a session, a therapist helps you communicate with different parts of your psyche/state of mind, dysfunctional/weak and functional/strong parts, therefore you will understand what is going on within you emotionally and mentally. This supports you to process your internal dialogues helping you to consolidate the resources within you better, and make a change in your life.
Ego State therapy can help you if you have some contradicting emotions, thoughts and beliefs, or strong irrational beliefs, and it can strengthen your positive and strong aspects in more functional way.
Ego State therapy has been shown to be effective with a wide range of symptoms from menstrual headache and anger through to trauma (Watkins 1993).
What is it for?
Ego State Therapy can be applied to ease your state of mind related to, but not limited to, issues listed below, and support you to manifest your wishes and dreams;
– Anxiety and fear.
– Anger Management
– Lost love and moving on. dating, relationship, marriage and divorce issues.
– Getting rid of fearful state.
– Trauma – Weight Control and fitness
– Smoking Cessation or gradual smoking reduction
– Dilemma and frustration with contradicting emotions and thoughts.
– other symptoms
Conditions to book this session
– You are ready to deal with your deep, underlying emotions and true feelings (potentially very negative, ugly and dark) with honesty and express them freely during a session. You will be encouraged to express these feelings during a session and a therapist will be there for you to hold the space and support and facilitate your psychological processing.
– If you are not ready to face your deep emotions yet, we recommend other sessions such as EMDR、Reiki or deep relaxation hypno.
Flow of the Standard Session
– It will be customised to combine other interventions with the Ego State Therapy.
if you experience severe emotional issues, trauma, PTSD, we will consult you first and conduct an emotional stabilization hypno session prior the Ego State Therapy for you to be able to feel safe and secure to open up your vulnerability and cope with your severe emotional disturbances. Therefore, we may not conduct the Ego State Therapy from the first or the second session.
– Depending on what you believe and what you want, we can also add NLP, EMDR, CBH or Reiki.
– If you have severe psychotic or depressive issues, we may be able to treat you with Reiki and Crystal healing but you may not be able to have the Ego State Therapy from the beginning. Please also consult your GP if you have any psychotic issues and physical illnesses.
1st session (80min or 110 min):
– Please return the questionnaire form to us before we begin sessions.
- A) Standard 80 min session
– Consultation time about your emotional and mental state, what you experienced in the past and current situations, your behaviours, and more.
– If needed, Cognitive Behaviour Analysis and Hypnosis (CBH): Find Irrational and rational parts of you and strengthen positive aspects.
– Emotional stabilization hypno sessionB) 110 min session including EMDR
* You can add Brief EMDR session to remove blockages for 110 min session.
2nd session onward (80min / 110min):
– Review from the first session and consultation time
– Ego State Therapy if you are emotionally stable. Otherwise Hypnosis to stabilize your emotions and to enhance its effect with EMDR.
– Review from the previous session and consultation time
– Maintenance session with Ego State Therapy if you are emotionally stable.
– Hypnosis to maintain its effect.
How to Book
– Please email us with your name, mobile no., 3-4 preferred time and dates, and session length.
– Please make a payment by bank transfer in advance.
– You can pay by Paypal with additional Paypal charge.
Terms and Conditions
– We are not here to guarantee a result you want to have though we will support you with our best intensions.
– Cancelation & rescheduling policy: within 48 hours of your appointment date there is a 50% cancellation charge, within 24 hours there is a 100% cancellation charge. Please email and notify us as soon as possible when you need to make a change.
– Please arrive on time, 3-5 min before. If you are late, you will waste your session time as the session will be conducted as scheduled.
– If you have any psychological issues and physical illnesses, please continue to see your GP.
– There is an individual difference on how you feel and what you sense during and after a session.
– We recommend you minimum three sessions: 1) Stabilisation (& Treatment) 2) Treatment, and 3) Maintenance & Treatment session.
– We may be able to tell you about how many sessions you may need as a reference, but it can be more or it can be less.
Client feedback and testimonials
– “I’ve lost 6 pounds after the session within a month over the Christmas festive season. I noticed I became more mindful of what I was eating..”
(Canadian female, 50s, medical professional, London, Jan 2018)
– “I asked for help for weight loss as I seem to panic if I lose weight then I ‘pack it in’ i.e. eat and eat even if I am not hungry. If I see my favourite cake or pastry, I have to eat it even though I am very aware that I am not hungry. After the session, I am content to plan and organize my meals in advance and plan when to stop working so I eat lunch on time. I am comfortable with this new plan. I didn’t feel that I need to eat just because I see something that looks good/yummy. I am looking forward to implementing my plan to take care of myself and take care of my lunch which is my weak spot.”
(Canadian female, 50s, medical professional, London, Dec 2017)
– “I have a difficult relationship with my sister and was dreading her forthcoming visit. After just one session with Kei where she drew upon my inner resources to deal successfully with all aspects of my sister’s stay, I felt “armed” against potentially upsetting scenarios. Most importantly my emotional state changed from anger and severe annoyance to a benign amusement. I now feel I can deal with other similarly upsetting situations in the same manner, so thank you Kei!”
(British female, 50s, hypnotherapist, ex-banker, London, Nov 2017)